Thursday, November 15, 2007

Cheaters B Gone

There were a number of cheaters that this morning had got to $600k... I wouldn't be trading in this game if I could achieve those kinds of numbers. Needless to say they were cheating somehow.

Another blog setup to follow the trading matters challenge was writing about the impossibility of achieving these results and it was speculated that they were getting lots of refer bonuses (more than the 20 indicated in the terms and conditions).

I set about to prove the theory (in a new account that I wasn't going to trade with - appropriately named HowTheyCheat). I happen to have the means to script up an automated bot. But as it turns out they seem to have fixed the problem. I can state that the 20 limit is real, but the leader board now speaks for itself with the leader at $200k (impressive, but believable with 20k referal bonus and 40k bonus questions).

I was getting demoralized and nearly gave up (as it was I didn't really trade properly today and messed up my system because I was trying to prove that you could cheat), but now it seems to be a fairer playing field.

Next week will be even fairer since anyone with 20k referral bonus will no longer have that advantage.

No comments: