Monday, January 7, 2008

Why do you buy?

You know, just having the answers on here is kind of boring. And we all want to learn something from this. So does anyone want to start a thread on what they bought (or are going to buy) and why. Doesn't have to be for this game, can be just a long term trading tip.

I don't have access to watch Trading Matters, and I am sure they talk these things on their show, but really you would think they would be trying to build an online community out of this game. Anyway.

Technology is more more forte, so I'll leave it to someone else to give some good suggestions.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm still bullish on select commodities and look to the premier stocks I see in these categories.

I like zinc, copper, lead for a recovery in Feb as Chinese return and draw down on inventories.

Iron ore is hot right now but a lot of the local stocks have run hard.

Precious metals might be due for a pullback but I still like them.
Gold to $1000 looks likey and once the US recovers. The rising interest rates (inflation) will possibly drive gold towards the inflation adjusted highs above $2000.


Stocks I like in these categories

OXR, EQN, AIM, SDL, MOL

Anonymous said...

The answer for Tuesday is Dollar, the question was what is the currency of singapore.

Anonymous said...

for me all i do is look to see falling stocks and buy them up, buy them up more if they fall more, being mindful of company announcements, stock categories, and the market in general. not necessarily a solid strategy but it has worked for the most part for me in the real world as well as this challenge. it is a play on the 'buy low, sell high'

TradingMatters said...

Thanks all. Sorry its taken me a while to respond. bvb... $2000 for gold? that would be amazing.